This is my most in-demand course to-date. With an easy-to-follow approach, it brings beginners up to speed with understanding of how photography works, and the fundamental of aperture, shutter speed and ISO and how they affect exposure. Participants then practise shooting with various preset modes, with emphasis on Aperture and Shutter priority modes while telling great stories with each click using simple yet effective composition techniques. Group classes are always conducted over weekends so it's a great way to pick up photography skill on this fun-filled course whether it's for leisure or a first step towards something bigger.
Who should take this course?
Basic in Photography is suitable for beginners who are new to photography. Most of my previous participants in this course are new DSLR camera owners taking their first big step into exciting and rewarding world of digital photography. Age is not an issue as I have conducted lessons for participants from the age of 12 to 60.
Time and duration
Class is conducted in 3 sessions of 3 hours. Total 9 hours of theory, practical and photo review sessions across 3 different days for better learning experience.
I like to keep my classes interesting by using different locations around Kuala Lumpur. Typically they are conducted around public parks. Special arrangements can be made for other states too.
A PDF copy of my presentation slides with notes will be provided via download.
What you'll need
- Although any digital camera will do, you’ll get the most out of this course when you use a DSLR or a mid-to-high end prosumer compact camera.
Syllabus in brief (detailed syllabus will be provided upon request)
- Understanding how a camera works
- Learn the 3 important fundamental concepts of photography: aperture, shutter speed and ISO setting
- What is white balance and how to get it correct
- Shooting Aperture- and Shutter priority effectively, and master Exposure compensation
- Tips and techniques on shooting in low light situations and capturing light trail photography
- Tell great stories with your photos by learning the classic composition techniques and rules, then to break these rules to achieve outstanding results.